Use SEO Techniques to Promote Your Website
If you want to drive traffic to your website in droves, you have to understand how search engine optimization (SEO) works. Without it, search engine robots trolling the worldwide web to locate relevant information for web surfers won’t know you exist. The effect of this is that your untapped consumer base will surf on, not knowing that you’re the service/product/solution they need.
What is SEO?
The purpose of SEO (or Search Engine Optimisation) is to maximize the opportunity your webpage has to show-up on search engine results by boosting your page rankings. You can maximize the odds of earning high rankings through proper implementation of keywords, links, and relevant content. Why is this? Search engines reward websites that other domains link to (search engine robots think your site must be relevant if other similar websites link back to yours) as well as websites that are inundated with content relevant keywords. This is called Back Linking.
There is an overwhelming amount of information about SEO out there so I’ve done my best to compile a list of the easiest, fastest tasks you can complete to encourage traffic. You can complete most of these tasks within the span of a lunch break.
Keyword Checklist for SEO
- Your article or blog must have the keyword in the title. The keyword should show-up early in the title and the title should be no longer than six to seven words.
- Choose a keyword-rich domain name. If you don’t already have one, see if you can change it.
- Your content should have three to seven-percent key word presence. If your content is more than 10% keyword-rich, the search engine robots might view your site as a fraud – focusing on traffic generation rather than providing helpful content.
- Include keywords in headings.
- Use your keyword right away in the content. It should show-up within the first 100 words.
- Be mindful of keyword proximity. If you’re writing about network marketing, it’s more effective if you use the keywords niche marketing without any additional words in-between them than if you use the word niche in the first paragraph then use marketing in paragraph two.
How NOT to Use Keywords in SEO
- Do not use excessive amounts of unrelated keywords in your text. Doing this tampers with content relevance in search engine results. This activity can demote you in search engine rankings.
- Keyword stuffing (more than 10% of your content is keyword-rich) can get you banned from posting online.
How to Use Links in SEO
- Use other popular, relevant, and reputable websites to link to your marketing webpage.
- Get other websites with similar content to post your link on their webpage (remember, this is seen as a vote of confidence).
- Get links to your site from .edu and .gov pages if possible. These sites are considered more reputable by search engines than .biz, .info, and .com websites.
- The more backlinks the better as long as the sites are similar to yours and reputable.
- Pace the amount of links going back to your site. If you get several links leading to your website at once, the search engine will think you bought them. Remember, authenticity is important to search engines.
- Choose websites to link to your page that don’t already have a lot of outgoing links. This tells the search engine that your link is most important to the host website.
How NOT to Use Links in SEO
- Limit Your Links. Do not post more than 100 links on your page. Search engines, especially Google frown upon this kind of content.
- Power of Association. Make sure all of the websites you link to remain relevant, current, and reputable. You do not want association with sites deemed “bad” by search engines.
- Do Not Enter Into Cross-Linking Relationships. Cross-linking means your site links to Bob’s, Bob’s links to Sue’s, and Sue’s links back to you. This will look like an inauthentic, paid relationship.
How to Use Content in SEO
- Post unique content not included on other websites.
- Constantly add new content. Search engine robots feed on this.
- Use a larger font for your keywords. This makes your keywords stand-out. Choose larger fonts for headings as well.
- Use bold and italic fonts tastefully. Overdo this and you’ll get penalized but done as needed – this will up your rankings.
- Shorter file sizes are favored over bigger files. If you have a large article, consider posting in a two to three part series.
Final Thoughts on SEO
Most of these tips apply to ranking well with Google, Bing, and Yahoo! SEO isn’t rocket science, although some of it may seem difficult to understand. Start driving more traffic to your site using these simple ‘how to’ tips and you’ll soon be ready to tackle SEO involving metatags and web mastery.
I know that the above represents a major departure from traditional home business/network marketing methodologies. But if you embrace this stuff, you will find that a steady flow of leads and sign ups becomes the reality as you focus on using SEO to market your website.
Like this post? Make a comment and share it if you want more good content.
PS: Want to learn more about SEO and use it to generate more leads for your business? Check this out for Immediate Access